Valdosta Christian Academy is operated for the purpose of training and developing well-rounded students for service to God and man focusing on their physical, mental, and spiritual needs using Biblical principles.
Our philosophy is to meet the needs of the whole child, Adventist EDGE teachers honor the natural cycle of learning. The natural cycle begins by connecting with the child’s experience, moving on to provide information and practice finally culminating with a celebration of new learning. In keeping with the Seventh-day Adventists philosophy of encouraging students to be “thinkers and not mere reflectors of other men’s thoughts”, Adventist EDGE teachers follow a constructivist philosophy*. This encourages students to use active techniques (experiments, real-world problem solving) to expand their knowledge and enhance their understanding of the world. Dialogue and collaboration are crucial to the process. In Adventist EDGE classrooms, children talk about what they are doing and reflect on how their understanding is changing.
Objectives of the School
The objective of the Valdosta Christian Academy is to assist in the development of:
- A Christ-like character through a Christ-centered curriculum.
- Academic readiness for higher education.
- Habits of accuracy, discrimination and sound judgment.
- Physical fitness and health.
- God given talents, desirable personality traits and discovering and cultivating new interests and hobbies.
- The mental abilities through appropriate school activities.
Additional links on this topic: